Terms and Conditions of 3 Year Warranty
Every Makita product is thoroughly inspected before they leave the factory and can be guaranteed to be free of defects, in both workmanship and materials, for a period of one year beginning the date of the products original purchase.
Should the product develop any faults during its first year of use, due to defective workmanship or materials, it can be packaged (complete) and freight prepaid to either an approved Authorised Service Agent or to Makita (UK) Ltd in Milton Keynes.
Subject to inspection, the product will be repaired free of charge.
This guarantee does not apply where:
- Repairs have been made or attempted by others.
- Repairs are required because of normal wear and tear.
- The tool has been abused, misused or improperly maintained.
- Alterations have been made to the tool.
- Non-genuine or recommended parts or accessories are fitted to the tool(s).
- All of our clothing range is excluded from the 3 year warranty.
This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights
Warranty excludes: Chucks, power leads, service items, filters, and any cleaning of the product
The warranty period of your Makita tool may be extended to an additional 2 years subject to the following conditions:
- Makita Tools that are CE marked and (with the exceptions of Batteries, Battery Chargers, Accessories, Petrol Powered Products, Production Tools and Air Tools and Compressors) purchased on or after 1st July 2012 and
- The tool is registered by the end user within 30 days of purchase by the following means:
- Online registration using the web address (the tool serial number will be required), www.makitauk.com and follow the links to 3 year warranty.
We offer this extended guarantee for these products in accordance with the following conditions:
Registered end users showing to Makita's reasonable satisfaction that the defect or damage is solely attributable to Makita's defective materials or workmanship in the Products and not:
(a) wear or tear from normal use;
(b) any servicing by anyone after delivery other than by anyone authorised by Makita;
(c) the Product(s) having been misused or subjected to neglect, improper or inadequate care carelessness (including being dropped), or abnormal usage conditions;
(d) the Product(s) having been involved in any accident or attempt at repair, alteration, change or modification or inspection within the Product itself except by or on behalf of Makita or as approved by Makita or in accordance with Makita’s instructions;
(e) the Product(s) having been used other than in accordance with good practice and Makita’s instructions or recommendations; or
(f) the use of non-genuine spare parts or accessories fitted to the Product(s)
Makita Tools used for Hire fleets, authorised service agreements or other business to business contracts are not covered by these terms and conditions.
The 3 year registration certificate and the original receipt of purchase will be necessary to validate any warranty claim.
Any warranty claim must be logged within the warranty period. This involves sending the tool complete packaged to a local dealer or Authorised Service agent with the 3 year certificate and the original sales receipt. Alternatively you can send it to Makita UK Ltd in Milton Keynes. To arrange this please contact us on Tel: 01908 211 678, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject to inspection, the product will be repaired free of charge. Costs may be incurred for any warranty claims that are deemed invalid.
This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights. Click here to view our full terms and conditions PDF.