Makita (UK) Ltd Warranty Procedures for Non-EU Goods
Makita (UK) Ltd is the sole owner of the Makita trademark in the UK. As such, we offer a full warranty service via our authorised Wholesalers, distributors and service agents.
However, the customer needs to be aware of the following...
- There are many companies trading on the internet especially those who operate outside the UK and the EU. These companies may not be authorised by Makita UK to sell Makita tools.
- There are many companies who are authorised by Makita UK and are selling Makita legitimately and will provide you with and excellent after sales service.
- The UK is a member of the European community commonly referred as the EU and as such all tools sold in the EU must comply with EU regulations and standards. All Makita tools sold in EU by authorised Makita dealers comply to these requirements and are marked with a CE mark.
- The CE mark guarantees the safety of the product and that it may be used safely in any EU country depending on plug style and for industrial use in the UK the correct 110-volt supply.
- Makita across the world make many different products, each country may sell different products, and as such, the spares and service back up as geared to the sales of tools in the UK may not have all spares readily available.
Buying products over the internet and by mail order can cause many problems.
- Non-EU supplied tools (notably from USA) may not comply with EU regulations and standards, not CE marked and typically operate on a different voltage and therefore could cause serious injury or fire if connected to the wrong voltage supply. They may also be unsafe for use in the UK (EU) as they must, as previously stated, comply with EU regulations and standards.
- Non-UK purchased tools that are CE marked are completely safe. However, the UK may not sell the particular tool in question. Therefore, any spares if needed may not be readily available. Under EU and UK regulations, the customerâ€™s contract is with the seller and if any difficulties they should contact them first.
- Makita will always do what we can to help the customer but we cannot legally and morally support product that should not be sold in the EU for obvious safety reasons.
- For all tools purchased via the internet please, contact the seller for any warranty work that may be needed. All genuine Makita UK suppliers will help you, whilst the others may not be in a position too.
Makita (UK) Ltd
Return of Makita Products Containing Lithium Batteries
The Carriage of Dangerous Goods and Use of Transportable Pressure Equipment Regulations require the provision of transport documentation for shipments containing Lithium Batteries above specified limits.
With this in mind returns of products containing Lithium Batteries will require the completion of an appropriate document, which must be presented to our logistics partner (TNT Express), along with your return product.
This document can be downloaded by using the link to your right. We recommend using right click and "Save Link As..."
Please note this documentation is mandatory for the transport of all products containing Lithium Batteries, above specified limits, to ensure legal compliance.
Your patience and assistance with the above is very much appreciated.
Service Care Team
Regarding Makita Batteries for Cordless Power Tools
It has come to the attention of Makita that a number of unofficial copies and/or imitations of our batteries have been appearing on the market , along with companies offering re-Celling of our batteries. The use of such imitations and/or copies or modification of Makita batteries for use with Makita cordless power tools is strongly discouraged.
Makita cannot be held liable or responsible for any injury, degraded performance or hardware breakdown caused by the use of unofficial batteries or replaced battery cells.
We have seen batteries which are unsafe due to no cell monitoring, the internal wiring too small and many only charge to half capacity.
Makita therefore strongly recommends for safety reasons and to ensure maximum performance to only use official Makita batteries throughout the entirety of its cordless power tool range.
The use of these unofficial batteries and the replacing of battery cells will invalidate Makita's warranty.
We ask that our customers remain diligent in making sure they only use Makita batteries and only purchase them from authorised Makita dealers and outlets.
We thank you for your continued support of Makita